Mallorca enters this Monday, June 8, in phase 3 of the de-escalation process. One step towards the new normality in which the Spanish regions will be able to make their own decisions. A measure that will allow the Balearic government to resume flights between the islands of the archipelago, one of its main requests to the central government. In fact, the airlines have already scheduled daily flights to connect Mallorca, Eivissa and Menorca. This is a great indicator of the islands’ progress towards the new normal climate.
Another step towards the new normality allows groups of up to 20 people and no time slot will be reserved for any group. This is dictated by the Ministry of Health, which calls for extreme security and hygiene measures with the most vulnerable groups.
In this new phase in which the entire community is set, the last of the de-escalation, the funerals may be held in all kinds of facilities, public or private, with a maximum limit of 50 people in outdoor spaces or 25 in spaces closed. And also weddings, provided that they do not exceed 75% of their capacity, and in any case a maximum of 150 people outdoors or 75 in closed spaces.
What other new features does the phase 3 include? By sectors, these are the most important:
Hospitality and trade
- All establishments and commercial premises can open, regardless of their surface. Of course, with a capacity of 50%.
- The public and recreational areas of shopping centers and parks are allowed to open to the public, with a capacity of 40%.
- More terraces: Its maximum occupancy is expanded to 75%.
- Consumption on the bars is allowed, provided the safety distance is maintained.
- In the local markets the limitation to half of the usual or authorized positions will be guaranteed. The municipalities may increase the surface or establish new days of this activity.
- Hotels can open public areas for the users in half their capacity.
- The practice of active tourism and nature activities is extended to groups of up to 30 people.
Culture and sports
- Libraries and museums can carry out cultural activities without exceeding 50% of the authorized capacity.
- Medium-term training in federated non-professional leagues is permitted, as well as the holding of shows and sports activities.
- Cinemas, theaters, auditoriums, tent circuses and similar show spaces may carry out their activity as long as they have pre-assigned seats and do not exceed half the capacity in each room.
- The recreational tourist centers, zoos and aquariums return with a maximum capacity of 50%.
- Leisure activities for children and youth outdoors are limited to 50% of the usual maximum capacity, with a maximum of 200 participants, including monitors. In closed spaces, the number of participants must be limited to one third of the usual maximum capacity with a maximum of 80 participants.
- Casinos, gaming establishments and specific betting establishments reopen, provided that they do not exceed 50% of the permitted capacity.