Mallorca is a film set on the rise. More and more recordings choose the island to develop their history. And after its broadcast, initiatives such as the route “The Mallorca Files” emerged. Perfect example of how the audiovisual sector contributes to tourism. A route that runs through the stages of the hit BBC series.
The map of locations of the route “The Mallorca Files” covers practically the entire island. A ‘movie map’ created by the Mallorca Film Commission that follows in the wake of such successful series as “Game of Thrones”, whose locations have become important tourist attractions for visitors from all over the world. Mallorca is the third protagonist of the series, which has triumphed in the United Kingdom and Germany. All the episodes of the two seasons have been recorded on the island.
According to the Mallorca Film Commission, it shows “a Mallorca very different from the one that British and German people are used to seeing on their holidays, although many landscapes and places are familiar”.
“From the beginning, it was clear that Mallorca was the third main character in the series. We wanted to show the island far from tourist clichés, with stories that were integrated with the authenticity of the island: its wine, its food, its football, the cosmopolitan nature of its capital and its most intimate and peculiar interior ”, says Ben Donald, producer series executive.
Locations of the route “The Mallorca Files”
The “The Mallorca Files” route has five itineraries. And it is that the two seasons of the series go a long way. In addition, the ‘movie map’ includes a small summary of each chapter to be able to follow the steps of the filming and of the protagonists:
- Palma: locations such as the Paseo Marítimo, El Molinar, the Teatre Principal or bars such as Molta Barra, in sa Gerreria, are part of the scenes of the series transferred to the route “The Mallorca Files”.
- Serra de Tramuntana: Sóller, Estellencs, Fornalutx or Sa Calobra became sets to host the filming of “The Mallorca Files”.
- Central-south route: from Es Trenc to Portals Vells, passing through some wineries in the interior of Mallorca.
- Levante: the municipality of Artá and popular places such as the Drach caves also appear in the scenes of the series and are included in the route “The Mallorca Files”.
- Northern route: places like Port de Pollença, Son Serra and Muro were chosen by the directors to host the filming of the successful series.
You can download the movie map pdf by doing click on the image below:
The audiovisual sector is booming in Mallorca. Something that we have already discussed in previous interviews with Pedro Barbadillo, head of the Mallorca Film Commission, or with Germán Traver, director and head of locations and external relations at Palma Pictures.
The second season of “The Mallorca Files” will premiere in February 2021, as planned. An opportunity for those who have not seen it yet to take advantage of these months to see it and then follow in the footsteps of its protagonists on the “The Mallorca Files” route around the island. We leave you with the trailer of the series.