The Magaluf Expanded Literature Festival reaches its third edition in 2023, consolidating itself as one of the star cultural events in the area. It is an initiative backed by Rata Corner and Innside by Meliá that seeks to bring culture to a diverse public. Something that began as a challenge to demonstrate that cultural events of this magnitude can also be held in Magaluf. Authors such as David Trueba, Virginia Feito, Noemí Casquet and Biel Mesquida are some of the names confirmed for this new edition of the festival.
After the resounding success of the two previous editions, in which more than fifty artists, musicians and cultural agents joined the cause, this third edition will be held at the Innside Calvià Beach hotel from 5 to 8 October 2023. These will be days of sharing works and reflections through debates, conferences, concerts and artistic interventions. All this under the common denominator of literature, books, art and music. In short, it celebrates how culture can act as an engine for change and evolution.
Programme of the Expanded Literature Festival 2023
The organisers have already prepared the programme of the Magaluf Expanded Literature Festival for 2023. It should be noted that all the activities, except for the concerts and book signings, require prior registration, available from 18 September.
Thursday October 5
- 19:00. Opening ceremony of the festival with Aina Zanoguera & Gori Matas (access to this event by invitation only).
- 21:00. Performance “Quema la memoria” by Paula Bonet & The New Raemon.
Friday October 6
- 18:00. “Celebrating Nora Ephron” with Noelia Ramírez and Begoña Gómez Urzaiz.
- 19:00. Pablo Rivero and Susana Martín Gijón. Moderated by Gemma Marchena.
- 19:30. Guided tour of Magaluf’s typographic heritage with Rotuïlla.
- 20:00. Talk by Laura Fernández and Beatriz Serrano. Moderated by Alejandra Parejo.
- 21:00. Interview with Henar Álvarez by Clara Ingold.
- 22:30. Cariño in concert.
Saturday October 7
- 11:00. Talk by André Aciman and Biel Mesquida. Moderated by Sebastià Portell.
- 11.30. Live podcast Punzadas sonoras.
- 12:00. Talk by Mar García Puig and Maria Climent. Moderated by Júlia Mérida.
- 12:30. Workshop on magical offerings with Julià Panadès.
- 13:00. Talk by Ibán Yarza, Mikel López Iturriaga (director of El Comidista) and Tomeu Arbona. Moderated by Marta Simonet.
- 16:00. Live podcast with Alice Kellen and Andrea Longarela.
- 17:00. Conversation with Joan Enric Barceló and Marta Orriols. Moderated by Margalida Mateu.
- 17.00. Literary route through Magaluf with Tomeu Canyelles and Biel Vives.
- 18:00. Interview with Eve Fairbanks.
- 18:00. Literary route through Magaluf with Tomeu Canyelles and Biel Vives.
- 19:00. Conversation with Jacobo Bergareche and Elisa Victoria. Moderated by Joan Cabot.
- 20:30. Quiz show night ‘Quadernit d’estiu’ with the creators of the Blackie Books Holiday Notebooks for adults Daniel López Valle & Cristóbal Fortúnez.
- 21:00. Reïna in concert.
- 22:00. Interview with Noemí Casquet by Claudia Albons.
Sunday October 8
- 10:00. Ander Izagirre and Peio Ruiz Cabestany in conversation.
- 11:00. Interview with Emilie Pine by Marta Terrasa.
- 11:00. Cycling route with Pas Normal Studios.
- 12:00. Conversation with David Trueba and Virgina Feito. Moderated by Marga Meliá.
- 13:00. Xavi Puig (El Mundo Today) and Erik Harley (Pormishuevismo). Moderated by Cati Moyà.
- 14:00. The Hawaiians in concert.